Kela vada is a traditional Jain recipe. Jain people use to make different recipes from the bananas. Here is the easiest and quick recipe to make Banana Vada which can be the best option for fasting days or in the normal days. Also it’s an alternative recipe option for the health conscious people who avoid to eat potatoes. Enjoy these delicious banana vada with pav or with the green coriander chutney.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons
– 5 Raw Banana
– 1 tablespoon green chilli paste
– 1 lemon
– 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
– 1 tablespoon castor sugar
– 2 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
– ? cup besan (Gram Flour)
– 10-12 raisins
– 1 tablespoon red chili powder
– ? teaspoon turmeric powder
– Salt to taste
– Oil for deep frying
How To Make?
1. Pilll the banana and apply salt over it and then boil it on the heat.
2. Now, crush the boiled bananas.
3. Mix all the Ingredients in to this boiled banana, do not add oil and gram flour to this mixure.
4. Now, make a small ball from this mixture.
5. In a bowl, add gram flour, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon oil and make a thick batter from it.
6. Now, in the frying pan, heat the oil on a MEDIUM heat.
7. Now, add the banana balls into this batter and then add it into the frying pan and fry them until it becomes golden brown.
8. your hot raw banana vada is ready to serve. Enjoy the kela vada with chutney or sauce.