• 100 g – Plain flour
• 100 g – Fine semolina
• 100g – Ghee or Melted Butter
• 100g – Powdered Sugar
• 1/4 tsp – Saffron soaked in warm Milk
• 1/4 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 1/4 tsp – Bicarbonate of soda.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Meanwhile sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Now combine the ghee, cardamom and saffron and knead it into a dough.
- Grease and line a baking sheet.
- Now divide the dough into small portions.
- Make balls out of the portions and flatten them between your palms.
- Now place the flat portions on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then leave it in the wire rack to cool.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Serve with milk/ tea.
Recipe courtesy of Ayeesha Riaz