Peda is very common Indian sweet dish. For every holy occasions like Diwali, Rakhi, or any special occasions Indian people celebrate it with Peda. Kesar Peda is made from of white milk fudge (khoya), milk and Kesar. Here I am sharing an easy and quick Kesar Peda recipe which you can make for your Rakhi or Raksha Bandhan Celebration.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Servings: Makes 15 Pedas
– 500 gm white milk fudge (khoya)
– 200 gm castor sugar
– 250 ml milk
– A pinch of saffron (kesar) soaked in milk
– ? tablespoon cardamom (elaichi) powder
– Few pistachios (chopped)
– Few almonds (chopped)
How To Make?
1. Soak the saffron in 1 cup milk for 5-10 minutes.
2. Now in a heavy bottomed pan, add the white milk fudge and cook it.
3. Now, add milk to this khoya and stir continuously. Again, add some more milk to it and stirring continuously.
4. Now, add saffron added milk and cardamom powder to this mixture and mix it well.
5. Then add castor sugar to the mixture and let it cook for 5-10 minutes. Stir in between.
6. Now, when all the sugar syrup soaked by the mixture then remove the pan from the heat.
7. Knead the mawa and then let the mixture cool then make small balls from the mixture and press it flat on a plate or board.