• 1 litre – whole Milk
• 400 g – condensed Milk
• 100 g – khoya or Milk powder
• 1/4 tsp – kewra or Saffron essence
• 1/2 tsp – Saffron strands
• 1.2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• Grind coarsely:
• 1 tbsp – green Pistachios
• 1 tbsp – Almonds
• 5 to 6 – Cardamoms peeled
• 1/4 tsp – Saffron strands
- Boil milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add grated khoya.
- Add cardamom powder, saffron soaked in a tbsp of milk.
- Stir continuously till well blended and cook for 5 minutes.
- Take off fire, stir in half milk masala or ground mixture.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Pour into kulfi moulds.
- Sprinkle ground mix over top.
- Make sure lids are tight and sealed with tape or dough.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours till well set and firm.
- To unmould:
- Roll between palms, for a few seconds.
- Gently pry out with a knife onto a plate.
- Serve well chilled and firm, either cut or whole.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering