• 2 litres – Milk (full cream)
• 13 to 14 tbsp – Sugar
• 8 – green Cardamoms (peeled and powdered)
• 25 strands – Saffron (soaked in 2 tbsp hot milk)
• 25 – Pistachios
- Boil the pistachios in 1 cup water for 5 minutes.
- Remove from gas, cool and finely slice them.
- Keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- After a boil, simmer.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron.
- boil till the milk reduces to half its quantity.
- Add sugar and boil for a few minutes till the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from gas and cool.
- Pour the milk in kulfi moulds and deep freeze.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja