• 250 g – fine Wheat flour
• 250 g – jaggery, grated
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 1.5 cup – water
• Ghee for Deep Frieding
• Few strands of Kesar
• For garnishing:
• chopped Almonds and Pistachios
- Dissolve kesar in 2 tbsp warm milk.
- Add water to jaggery and bring to a boil.
- Boil till jaggery melts completely.
- Take off heat and cool completely.
- Add flour to the jaggery water.
- Stir it well so that no lumps are formed.
- Add more water if required to bring it to pouring consistency.
- Beat for 5 to 7 mins so that the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add dissolved kesar to the mixture and keep it aside for 2 hours.
- Place a Deep Frieding pan with lot of ghee in it.
- When it is heated on low fire, gently lower 1 tbsp of the batter into the heated ghee.
- Fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Take out with a slotted spoon and place in a strainer so that the extra ghee drips down.
- Fry the remaining batter similarly.
- Garnish each malpua with almonds and pistachios.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering