• 1 tbsp -rice
• 1/2 cup -coconut scrapped
• 2 tbsp- Khaskhas
• 1 cup- Milk
• 1 tsp -cardamom powdered
• 1 tsp -coconut cut into small pieces
• 3/4 cup -jaggery powdered
• 1 tsp- Ghee
- Soak rice, khaskhas separately in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Grind these with coconut.
- In a heavy bottom pan take little water and add the ground paste and mix well thoroughly without any lumps.
- In another pan take the jaggery, add little water and keep stirring until it dissolves.
- Now filter the jaggery and transfer it to the pan.
- Once it starts boiling, add the khuskhus mixture to it.
- After everything blends together switch off the stove.
- Add boiled milk to the above.
- Season with cardamom powder and coconut pieces fried in a little ghee.
Recipe courtesy of Prema