• Moong dal-200 gms
• Maida- 250 gms
• Garam masala-1 tsp
• Haldi (Turmeric)-1/2 tsp
• Red Chilli powder-1 tsp
• Dhania powder-2 tsp
• Salt to taste
- Soak moong dal for 2 hrs and then grind it into semi-solid paste.
- Put around 5 to 6 tsp of oil in pan and start frying the paste in it over slow flame.
- Keep doing till it becomes golden brown and solidifies into small lump.
- Grind it into fine powder.
- Add all the masala and salt to this powder.
- To the maida, add around 5 tsp of oil (to soften the maida) and salt and mix it well and knead into soft dough using lukewarm water.
- Roll this maida dough into small circles and fill the mixture in it, seal it and roll it again lightly and fry it in oil till it is light brown.
- Serve hot with sweet tamarind chutney or tomato sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Suman