• 500 gms – tur dal (lentils)
• 2 raw mangoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
• 10 gms – whole Cumin seeds
• 2 gms – Asafoetida
• 2 gms – Turmeric powder
• 5 gms – salt
• 4 whole Red Chillies
• 50 ml – Ghee
- Boil dal with salt and turmeric powder.
- When it is semi-cooked, add the raw mango pieces.
- Keep a few pieces aside for garnishing.
- When the dal is cooked completely, remove from fire.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When the ghee is smoking, add the red chillies and salt and saute till the chillies are crisp.
- Pour the hot dal over the tempering and cover.
- Simmer for some time and serve hot.