• For dough:
• 250g – Maida
• A pinch of Turmeric
• For filling:
• 200g – khova
• 100g – Sugar
• 100g – powdered mixture of cardamom, Cashew nuts and Almonds
• Oil for shallow frying
- For dough:
- Mix well maida and a pinch of turmeric with water as required to get the consistency of poori dough.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- For filling:
- Heat a thick bottom kadai, add khova, sugar and mixture of dry fruits and stir well until the mixture turns thick.
- Remove from stove and cool.
- Take the dough and make poori size balls, flatten and fill with a spoon of the khova mixture.
- Fold from all sides and roll into a poori.
- Heat a tawa and pour a spoon of oil on the tawa.
- Place the puri and shallow fry on both sides till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot
Recipe courtesy of Vijaya