• 1/2 tsp – Urad Dal
• 1/2 tsp – Channa dal
• 1/2 tsp- Dhania seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Jeera
• 1/2 tsp- peppercorns
• 2-3 -red chillies
• About 3-5 tbsp -shredded Coconut
- Fry the above (except the coconut) in low to medium heat without oil for about 5 -6 minutes.
- Then add coconut and turn off the heat.
- Grind this mixture with some tamarind to a fine paste with as little water as possible.
- In a skillet, heat some oil, add some hing, mustard seeds and (curry leaves).
- When the seasoning is done, add the ground paste.
- Add salt to taste and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Tastes great with idlis or hot steaming rice with some ghee.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi