• 1 cup – Kokum fruits, chopped or dry kokums
• 2 cups – Water
• 2 cups – Sugar
• 5-6 – Cardamoms powdered or crushed
• 1 tsp – roasted Cumin powder
• A pinch or two of Black salt or Salt (optional)
- Rinse the kokum fruits in water.
- Chop the kokum fruits and remove the seeds.
- Keep the pulp and the outer cover.
- Grind the fruit and pulp with little water.
- Strain the whole kokum mixture.
- Boil the sugar and water until the syrup becomes a little thick.
- Cool the sugar syrup and then add the strained kokum mixture to it.
- Add the roasted cumin powder and powdered cardamom.
- Mix well, store kokum sherbet in a jar or bottle and refrigerate.
- When serving, dissolve 1 or 2 tbsp of the kokum sherbet in one glass of water.
- Add ice cubes and serve chilled kokum sherbet.