• 1.5 liters – whole Milk
• 175 g – Sugar
• 3 – medium-sized Oranges (very sweet and juicy)
• 1/2 tsp – Saffron
• a pinch of Cardamom powder
• 30 g – pistachios, chopped
- Peel the oranges and remove the transparent skin from the slices. Set aside.
- Heat the milk in a kadhai.
- Bring to a boil and keep stirring till the milk becomes thick.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder.
- Allow the milk to boil till the colour of the milk changes. Once done, remove the milk from heat.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Now add the orange segments and saffron and mix with the kheer.
- Garnish with pistachio slivers and serve cool.