• 3-4 -garlic
• 2 inch -ginger
• 2 -green chillies
• 2 -3 tbsp – vinegar, optional
• 2 tbsp – chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• salt to taste
• 6 pieces – fish
• 1 tsp-uluva powder (roast the uluva and grind to powder)
• 5 tbsp – oil
• 1 – small Onion (cut to small pieces)
- Take ginger, garlic, green chillies, and curry leaves and onion in a saucepan.
- Saute after adding oil till brown.
- Then, with enough water, make a paste of turmeric, chilli powder, uluva powder and salt.
- Add this paste to the sauteed mix, and stir it till oil comes out on the side and the water evaporates.
- Then, pour 1 cup water and boil it.
- When it boils, add the fish to it. The fish should immerse, if not, add a little bit of water.
- Then, add tamarind or vinegar and cook till done.
- If it is too spicy, then pour some coconut milk.
Recipe courtesy of Maya