• 1 cup – Rice
• 1 tsp – oil
• A pinch of salt
• One full Coconut – grated
• 4 or 5 – Cardamom
• 1/4 cup – Jaggery
• 1 tbsp – Bengal Gram
- Wash and soak rice for an hour.
- Drain and dry and grind it to a fine powder.
- Boil 1 cup of water with some salt and oil.
- Add rice flour, gradually stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Simmer on a slow fire.
- It will become a cooked paste.
- Cool for a few minutes and form small balls – about the size of a lime.
- Keep aside.
- For the filling, boil Bengal gram.
- When cooked, smash slightly and add grated coconut, cardamom and jaggery and mix well.
- Form cups with the prepared balls and fill it up with the prepared filling and shape it up to resemble a small coconut.
- Steam it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi