• 1/2 lb (250 g)- Maida
• 1/2 lb- Suji
• 1-coconut, thick Milk
• 1 tsp- baking powder
• 2- Egg yolks well beaten
• 2 tbsp – Ghee
• Ghee for frying
- Rub ghee well into the flour and suji and baking powder
- Add yolks of egg and salt. Knead into a soft pliable dough with coconut milk.
- Leave to rise overnight, covered with a cloth squeezed in water.
- Make small balls, press on a comb or fork, roll into traditional kul-kul shape.
- Deep fry.
- When completely drained of oil and cooled, dust with powdered sugar and store in airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi