Kuttu or buckwheat is a healthy grain that is generally use in a fasting or vrat days. Kuttu Rajgira Paratha is one of the best and very popular dish from all those recipes of kuttu. This dish is a combination of buckwheat flour and amaranth flour. Together they make very delicious and luscious dish. To make this recipe for you required buckwheat flour, amaranth flour, boiled potatoes and some spices and seasoned with rock salt. It’s very easy and delicious recipe to try out during the fasting. There are also various recipes which you can make from kuttu some of are, Kuttu Ke Pakore, Kuttu Ka Paratha, etc.
– 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
– 1 cup roasted amaranth grain
– 1 large boiled and mashed potato
– 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
– 2 finely chopped green chillies
– 1 teaspoon ginger paste
– 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– Rock salt to taste
– 1 tablespoon oil
– Ghee or oil for frying
How To Cook?
To Make Dough:
1. In a large bowl, mix together buckwheat flour and rock salt.
2. Add water to it and knead soft and pliable dough. Cover the bowl with damp cloth and set aside for about 15 minutes.
To Make Filling:
1. In a heavy pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle.
2. Now, add ginger paste and chopped green chilies and saut? it for few seconds then add mashed potatoes, chopped coriander leaves, turmeric powder (optional), roasted amaranth grains and rock salt to it. Mix well and set aside.
To Make Paratha:
1. Take the dough and divide into equal sized balls.
2. Roll out each balls into round chapatti and place the filling in the center of chapati and close the chapati well and re-round again.
3. Over MEDIUM-LOW flame roast this paratha on hot tawa by applying ghee on both sides till golden.
4. Kuttu Rajgira Paratha is ready to serve.
5. Enjoy this paratha with coconut chutney or coriander chutney.
Preparation Time: 20-25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 Minutes