Kuzhi paniyaram is very popular South Indian cuisine. The taste of this paniyaram is simply good and delicious. This dish is loved by kids and adults. This paniyaram is prepared with the fermented batter of rice and black gram, mix with the tempering and steamed in a paniyaram tawa or pan. It goes very well at your tea-time and it is very perfect for kid’s lunch or snack box. Learn how to make kuzhi paniyaram by this easy recipe.
Preparation Time: 5 Hours + overnight
Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons
– 1 cup rice
– 1 cup parboiled rice (ukda chawal)
– ? cup split black gram skinless (washed urad dal)
– ? teaspoon fenugreek seeds
– Salt to taste
– 2 teaspoon oil
– ? teaspoon mustard seeds
– ? teaspoon cumin seeds
– 10 -12 chopped curry leaves
– 1 large-sized finely chopped onion
– 2-3 finely chopped green chillies
– ? teaspoon finely chopped ginger
How To Cook?
1. First soak the rice, ukda chawal and urad dal with fenugreek seeds in six cups of water for at least 5 hours.
2. After 5 hours drain the water and grind it to the coarse batter.
3. In a large bowl, transfer this batter and add salt. Mix it well and allow it to ferment overnight.
4. Now, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
5. When they start spluttering add curry leaves, onions, ginger and green chillies and saut? it for 2-3 minutes or until light brown.
6. Add this tempering to the batter and mix well.
7. Heat the paniyaram tawa over MEDIUM heat and grease each dent with a little oil.
8. Pour a ladleful batter in each dent and drizzle oil over it and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the underside is done.
9. Now, turn them over using a spoon and drizzle a little more oil and continue to cook for about 4-5 minutes or until both the sides are evenly cooked.
10. Prepare more paniyaram similarly.
11. Serve this hot with coconut chutney.