• raw Rice – 2 cup
• grated Coconut – 1/5 cup
• red chilies 4 to 6
• Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
• onion, chopped – 1/5 cup
• oil to cook dosa
• salt to taste
- Wash and soak rice in water for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and grind it with rest of the ingredients till it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add enough water to thin down the batter, which should be slightly thicker than milk.
- Heat a non-stick pan and brush it with oil.
- Pour a ladle of batter from a height of about 8-10 cms.
- Tilt the pan to spread the batter very thin. (Do not spread with ladle).
- Sprinkle some oil on top.
- When the underside is cooked and the sides of dosa start lifting up, turn and cook the other side.
- Fold the dosa into four (like a triangle) and lift off the pan.
- Serve with chutney.