- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the okra to it.
- Cook, stirring occasionally till okra is cooked.
- You can close with a lid for a minute or two in between, to fasten the cooking process.
- Turn off the heat once it is cooked. If possible, cook till the okra is crisp. Keep aside.
- Grind together the coconut, mustard seeds, jeera and green chillies with a bit of water, into a smooth paste.
- Add this mixture to the yogurt, add salt and mix nicely.
- When it is serving time, mix the yogurt mixture and the okra nicely.
- Heat oil and season with mustard, curry leaves and red chillies.
- Add the kichadi to the pan and let it cook for a minute before serving.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Recipe courtesy: My Kitchen Trials
Recipe courtesy of Rajani