• Lauki 1 small size
• Onion 1 medium
• Garlic 5 flakes
• Ginger small piece
• coriander pwd 2 teasp
• red chil
• pwd according to your taste
• 3 medium Tomato
• cilantro(coriander)leaves to garnish it
• pinch of Garam Masala pwd(optional)
- Grate the lauki and squeeze it well, to drain the excess water; add grated ginger and salt in it.
- Mix besan into lauki till it binds together.
- Now make the kofta while deep frying method.(make the kofta flat and fry it in medium heat so that it cooks well).
- Now grind the onion, garlic and ginger and make smooth paste, chop the tomato.
- Heat the oil in a pan put the above paste and add dry coriander powder, bit of turmeric, red chilli powder and add chopped tomato .
- Fry it well till the oil separates and add water to make gravy.
- When it boils and thicken, add kofta and allow it to boil for once.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add garam masala and cilantro.
- Have it with rice or roti.
- Note :
- While adding salt in gravy remember that salt is added in kofta initially.
Recipe courtesy of Shanu