• 1 medium sized Lauki
• 2 cups – Wheat flour
• 2 tbsp – gram flour
• 4 to 5 Green chillies (finely chopped)
• 1 tbsp – ginger-garlic paste
• ?tsp – Asafoetida powder
• ?tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tbsp – oil
• handful finely chopped Coriander leaves
• salt to taste
• sufficient water to make the dough
• sufficient Ghee to roast the theplas
- Peel the lauki and grate it.
- Gently squeeze out the water.
- In a big bowl, mix together grated lauki, wheat flour, gram flour, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, asafetida powder, oil, coriander and salt.
- Add just sufficient water and make a semi -soft dough.
- Divide the dough into small portions.
- Roll out each portion like a chappati.
- Roast the thepla on a pre-heated tawa on a medium flame.
- Add ghee while flipping sides.
- Roast till golden.
- Repeat with the remaining portions.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja