• 500 g -lauki/bottle gourd
• 2 onions, diced
• 1-2 whole Dried red chillies
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds and Coriander seeds
• 1 tsp – black pepper Corns
• 2 tsp – dry desiccated Coconut
• 2 tsp – curry and Coriander leaves
• 2-3 tsp – Tamarind juice
• 1-2 tsp – chopped, Ginger
• 1-2 tsp – chopped, Garlic
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp kasoori Methi or dried Methi leaves
- Heat about a tsp of oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dried red chillies, chopped ginger and garlic, dry desiccated coconut, black pepper corns, curry leaves and onion.
- saute till onions turn pink.
- Cool this mixture and puree it with tamarind juice.
- In a separate pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds, curry and coriander leaves, lauki/bottle gourd and fry.
- Crush kasoori methi with hand and add it to the lauki/bottle gourd.
- Add some water and cook till the bottle gourd is tender.
- Add the pureed mix and cook until oil separates.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
Recipe courtesy of prerna