A crunchy treat that has withstood the test of time, Lilo Chevdo, with its wonderful taste and crunchy texture is loved across generations! Spicy yet relishable tasty treat is also easy to prepare. This chivda is best when getting together with friends especially on occasions as like Diwali festival, also it is the best medicine for sudden hunger pangs. To know how to make this chivda at home quickly at home follow this easy recipe.
– 200 gm spinach
– 1/2 cup refined flour
– 1 cup gram flour
– 1/2 cup peanuts
– 1 cup flattened rice (poha)
– 1/2 cup dried green peas
– 1/2 cup chickpea
– 1 teaspoon soda bi-carb
– 5-6 green chilies, slits
– 1 teaspoon cumin seed
– 1 tablespoon sesame seed
– 1/4 cup dried coconut, sliced
– 2 tablespoons raisins
– Salt to taste
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– Oil for frying
How To Cook?
1. Soak dried green pea and chickpea in different-different vessels by adding soda bi-carb in it for about 6-7 hours. Drain the excess water and pat dry them with a cloth.
2. Rinse 100 gm of spinach into running water and grind into smooth paste.
3. Take half portion of grinded spinach in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of oil, salt and refined flour. Knead into the smooth dough.
4. Then take remaining grinded spinach in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of oil, salt and gram flour. Knead into the smooth dough.
5. Heat oil in a deep pan.
6. Meanwhile, take half portion of refined flour dough and roll out into semi thick paratha, cut it into namak para shape and deep fry them into the hot oil until light golden and crisp.
7. Now, take half portion of gram flour dough and roll out into semi thick paratha, cut it into namak para shape and deep fry them into the hot oil until light golden and crisp.
8. Then add water to the remaining both the dough make thick batter separately.
9. Take a perforated ladle over heated oil and using another deep ladle spoon the prepared batter over the perforated ladle and just above the oil spared the batter. Fry this boondies with continuously starring until light golden.
10. Now, deep fry chickpeas, peas, poha and peanuts until crisp and drain them.
11. Also deep fry the remaining spinach until crispy.
12. In a 1/2 teaspoon of hot oil roast the dried coconut slices, sesame seeds, cumin seeds and green chilie slits.
13. Mix these deep fried Ingredients along with remaining all spice. Give it a toss and mix everything well.
14. Serve and enjoy.
Preparation Time: 7 Hours
Cooking Time: 30-35 Minutes