• 400 gms. Rice, washed and soaked for Â½ an hour
• 125 gms. Coconut, grated
• Juice of 4 sour limes
• A few sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
• A few cashewnuts, chopped
• 1 tsp. Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp. Mustard Seeds
• 4 green chillies, slit and chopped
• 4 curry leaves, washed
• Salt to taste
• 2 tbsp. ghee
- Parboil the rice with salt to taste, strain and keep aside to cool well.
- Extract some lime juice. Mix together lime juice, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Add to the rice. Also add grated coconut and stir lightly. Heat ghee, add mustard seeds, when they crackle, add green chillies, curry leaves and cashewnuts.
- Pour the seasonings over the rice. Garnish with coriander leaves. Place in a moderately hot oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot.