• 200gm – split white lobiya/black eyed beans/alasanda, soaked for 4hrs (husk removed while washing)
• 50gm – Urad Dal without husk (soaked for 4hrs)
• 500gm – idly Rawa (Rawa of par boiled Rice soaked for 1/2hr)
• A pinch of baking soda
• A little oil to smear over the idli plates
- Remove husk from beans and grind it with urad dal to a firm and smooth paste.
- Squeeze water from rawa and add it to the paste along with salt and grind for a minute.
- Remove the batter into a bowl and allow it to ferment for 6 hours or overnight.
- The next day, add a pinch of soda and prepare idli as usual. (add a little amount of water if necessary to prep
Recipe courtesy of Uma Devi Ramachandra