• fish slices (use Sear, Pomfret , Koduva or other similar fish) – 1/2 kg
• chilli powder – 2 tsp
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
• Garlic – 2 tsp, minced
• Onion – 2 tbsp, minced
• Egg 1
• Rice flour – 2 tbsp
• oil to deep fry
• salt to taste
- Wash the fish slices and drain completely.
- Combine all the ingredients from chilli powder to salt together.
- Add the lightly beaten egg and mix well.
- Coat both sides of fish slices with this mixture and keep aside for one and a half hour.
- Sprinkle the slices with rice flour.
- Deep fry in hot oil till the fish is cooked.
- Avoid over frying, which makes the fish tough.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot.