• 500 gms – fresh Corn (shelled and whole)
• 50 gms – fresh Cream
• 3 medium sized Onions
• 1.5 piece – Ginger
• 8 to 10 flakes – Garlic
• 1.5 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 2.5 tsp – coriander powder
• 1.5 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tbsp – finely chopped Coriander leaves
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 5 tbsp – oil
• 2 to 3 cups – water
• salt to taste
- Finely chop the onions.
- Make a paste of ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Add cumin seeds, when they crackle add onions and fry on a low flame.
- When the onions are about to turn golden add ginger-garlic paste and fry till the onions are golden in colour.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder to the onions.
- Fry for a minute. Add corn and mix well.
- Saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add water and salt to taste.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a low flame till corn is tender.
- Mix at regular intervals while the corn is being cooked.
- Once the corn is cooked and the water has dried add cream and mix well.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Anitha Raheja