• 1 cup – Rice
• 1 cup – Thick Coconut Milk
• 1/2 cup – Sugar
• 1/4 cup – Milk
• 1 tsp – Instant Yeast
• 1 tsp – Cardamom seeds
• Khaskhas to sprinkle
- Soak rice in water for 3 hrs.
- Rinse out the water and put the rice in the liquidizer with coconut milk, milk, yeast and cardamom seeds.
- Blend till the mixture is smooth.
- Place the mixture in a large bowl, add sugar and whisk it properly.
- Keep it in a warm place to rise for 3 hrs.
- Heat margarine or oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Stir the risen mixture lightly and drop 1 cup of mixture in to the centre of a pan and fry it covered for 7 minutes on a low heat.
- Open the cover and sprinkle khaskhas on top of makati.
- Put the pan on a pre-heated grill to cook, take it off and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Recipe courtesy of Duriya Anjari