Here is another delicious dessert for your sweet loving taste buds which is ?Makhane ki kheer’. It is a treat for not only those people who keeping fast but for the persons who love dessert a lot. Makhane ki Kheer is one of the most preferred dessert dish mostly during fasting or vrat/upvas as it’s very rich in protein and calcium. Makhane ki kheer is a beautiful combination of milk, makhana and dry fruits. The creamy texture of the kheer makes it so delicious. You can serve it warm or chilled. So let’s take a look for the recipe.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 2-3 Persons
– 1 ? tablespoons ghee
– 2 tablespoons cashew nuts
– 2 tablespoons raisins
– 1 cup makhana or fox nuts
– 3 cups milk
– Few strands of saffron
– ? cup sugar
– 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder
How To Cook?
1. In a deep sauce pan, add milk and bring it to simmer over MEDIUM heat. Keep stirring occasionally so that milk doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
2. Simmer it for about 7-8 minutes or till the milk gets slightly thick. Stir it at intervals.
3. In a pan, heat ghee over LOW flame and when the ghee is heated fry the cashew nuts till it turns golden brown in color. Remove the cashew nuts in a bowl.
4. In the same ghee, fry the raisins till they get plump up. Remove these raisins into the same bowl with cashews.
5. In the remaining ghee fry the makhana by stirring constantly until light brown, toasted and crispy.
6. Transfer them into another bowl and let it cool for about 3-4 minutes.
7. Once the makhana becomes cool, make coarser powder of some of the makhanas.
8. Now, add pinch of saffron and prepare makhana to the simmering milk and let in simmer again for about 4-5 minutes.
9. After 4-5 minutes add sugar and again simmer it for 2-3 minutes.
10. At last add cardamom powder, fried cashews and raisins.
11. Switch off the heat and stir well.
12. Garnish the kheer with few strands of saffron and it’s ready to serve.