• Tuvar (Arhar) Dal – 1 small cup
• Coconut – 1/2
• Cumin – 1/2 tsp
• Onion – 1 (small, finely chopped)
• Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
• Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
• Salt to taste
- Grind coconut and cumin with a little water to make a smooth paste.
- Boil tuvar dal with turmeric powder and chilli powder till it’s cooked.
- Add salt and the coconut-cumin paste to the dal and bring it to a boil.
- Fry the chopped onions golden brown in a kadai.
- Add the onions to the dal.
- Serve hot with rice.
Recipe courtesy of Manjula