• 150 gms – semolina
• 50 gms – Sugar
• 3 tbsp – Honey
• 1 tbsp – fresh grated Coconut
• Beetroot – 1, small sized (very finely grated)
• 3 tbsp – Ghee
• 25 ml – Milk ( warm)
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• Cashew Nuts- 15 whole nuts
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a non-stick pan, add the cashew nuts and fry for few minutes until they are brown. Take it out and keep it aside.
- Then add the grated coconuts and fry until they become brown. Take it out and keep it aside.
- Then add 1/2 tbsp of ghee and add the finely grated beetroot and fry till all the water evaporates from the beetroot. Take it out and set it aside.
- Finally add 1 tbsp of ghee, add the semolina and roast till it releases a nice aroma. Take it out and mix all the ingredients in a bowl, add the sugar, honey, cardamom powder along with it and mix well.
- Now add the warm milk little by little and gather with your hands, if you are able to make balls, stop adding milk.
- Then start making small balls, place in a serving plate and press a cashew nut on top.
- These sweets are best to have within 5 days by storing it in an air tight container.
- Recipe Courtesy: Taste of Pearl City
Recipe courtesy of Ayeesha Riaz