• Button Mushrooms – 1/2 lb
• Onion – 1
• Tomatoes – 2
• Ginger – 1/2 inch (grated)
• Garlic -2 pods (cut finely)
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
• Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
• Dhaniya powder – 1 tsp
• Jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
• Amchur powder – 1/2 tsp
• Milk – 1 cup (whole preferably) or heavy Cream 3 tbsps
• Fresh coriander to garnish
- Chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Cut the button mushrooms in halves.
- Take 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and heat.
- Add garlic to the oil, followed by onions and ginger.
- Fry till onions turn a light brown, next add tomatoes.
- Fry for a while till tomatoes are slightly cooked.
- Add the powders. Saute.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Cover and cook till mushrooms are half done.
- Lastly, add milk or cream to the mushrooms and cook for a little while longer till the mushrooms absorb the milk.
- Take the pan off the fire and transfer mushrooms to a serving dish, garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve with hot phulkas or rotis.
Recipe courtesy of Jyothi