• 30g- Almonds
• 30g- chopped Cashewnuts
• 250 g- desi Ghee
• 50g- plain flour
• 50g- semolina
• 50g- whole Wheat flour
• 3/4 cup- Milk
• 250g- Sugar
• 1/2 cup- water
• 2- eggs, beaten
• 1 tsp- vanilla essence
• 12- Cardamoms
• 1/2- Nutmeg
• 30g- crystallised Cherries
- Sift the flour, semolina and wheat flour.
- Blanch and slice the almonds.
- Fry them with the cashewnuts in half the ghee. Drain. Keep aside.
- Mix the sifted ingredients with the remaining ghee and milk.
- Knead well and keep the mixture aside for half an hour.
- Then cook on a slow fire stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens, and becomes light brown in colour. Cool.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring until the sugar melts. Cool it.
- Mix the above mixture with sugar syrup and cook together until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Take off the fire. Slowly pour the beaten eggs into the mixture and beat in thoroughly.
- Cook again on a slow flame, stirring until the ghee floats on the top.
- Remove from the fire and lastly add the vanilla essence, cardamoms, nutmeg, powder, half the fried almonds and cashewnuts, half the cherries, and mix together.
- Garnish with remaining almonds-cashews and cherries, and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Navaz Dhalla