• 1 cup – Wheat Flour
• 1/2 cup – Sugar
• Pinch of Black Pepper
• 1 level tsp – Saunf aniseed (Saunf)
• Oil to fry
• 1/2 cup – Water
• 1/4 cup – Milk
- In a small bowl take wheat flour and add sugar, pepper, saunf, milk and water to make a flowing batter.
- Adjust the amount of water in the batter like you prepare with besan for pakodas. Keep it aside for around 1+ hrs.
- Add oil in pan for frying and heat.
- Take a tbsp full of smooth batter and let it flow into pan.
- Allow it to take the shape and deep fry until brown on both sides and soft malpudas are ready.
- Enjoy this with rice kheer or firni.
Recipe courtesy of Shefali Arora