• 1/2 kg – white Pomfret
• 8 to 10 – red dry chillies
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – coriander/dhania
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 7 to 8 flakes/cloves – garlic, coarsely ground
• 2 – medium onions, finely sliced
• 1 cup – coconut, scraped
• 1 tsp – fish curry powder
- Clean the fish. Apply a little salt, turmeric and keep it aside.
- In three tbsps of oil, fry onion, dry chillies, turmeric and coriander seeds, till the onions turn light brown.
- Grind the grated coconut, with the above ingredients, to a paste.
- Apply the ground paste on the fish and keep it aside to marinate, for 15 minutes.
- Fry the garlic flakes in 5 tbsps of oil. Add red chilli powder and fish masala.
- Add the fish pieces, with the marinade and add 2 cups of water. Simmer on low heat, till the fish is cooked.
- Serve with chapatti or hot rice.
Recipe courtesy of Walter