Mamra No Chevdo is one of the most popular snack of Gujarat. This snack is tongue tickling snack. In Gujarat, basically this chivda made during Diwali festival. But you can enjoy this snack as evening snack or breakfast snack. This awesome chat-pata snack can be enjoyed by all even they are kids or adults. This is simply delightful, delicious and irresistible recipe! Try it out today.
– 250 gm puffed rice
– 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
– 1/4 cup cashew nuts, broken into pieces
– 1/3 Cup gram dal
– 1/2 cup dry coconut pieces
– 4-5 chopped green chilies
– 15-20 curry leaves
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
– 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
– 4-5 tablespoon oil
– Salt to tastes
How To Cook?
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add gram dal and fry them until crisp. Drain them on absorbent paper and set aside.
2. Add cashew nuts in the same oil and deep fry them till light brown in color. Drain them and set aside.
3. Add green chilies and deep fry them till crisp. Then add curry leaves and deep fry them till crisp.
4. Deep fry the roasted peanuts until golden brown.
5. Take this all fried Ingredients in a mixing bowl along with coconut pieces. Then add all dry spices, sugar and salt to it. Toss them and mix well.
6. Finally, add puffed rice and mix again well.
7. Mamra No Chevdo is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Servings: 3-4 Persons