• 1 kg – Raw Mango
• 1 tsp – salt
• 1.5 kg – Sugar
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric
• 3 tbsp – Red Chilli powder
• 2 tbsp – roasted and crushed, Cumin seeds
- Wash, wipe dry, peel and grate mango.
- Combine the grated mangoes, salt and turmeric powder and leave aside for 15 mins.
- Add the sugar little by little (2 tbsp at a time) to the mango mixture and stir continuously using a spoon or a whisk till all the sugar is nearly dissolved.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, put the mango-sugar mixture into a large, heavy-bottomed pan and cook on medium heat.
- Stir often till the sugar turns syrupy and small bubbles appear on the surface of the mixture
- Remove from the flame and let mixture cool completely.
- Add chilli powder and cumin seeds and store in a sterilized glass jar.
- Recipe courtesy: Jaisruchi
Recipe courtesy of Jaishree S