• Any sea water fish – 1/2 kg
• Raw mangoes – 1/4 kg
• Fresh coconut- 1
• Chopped Onions – 3
• Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
• Coriander powder – 3 tbsp
• Turmeric powder- 3/4 tbsp
• Baby Onions – 4
• Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
• Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
• Curry leaves – 2 stalks
- Clean the fish thoroughly and cut it into small fillets. Marinate the fish with peeled and cut raw mangoes and spices.
- Keep it aside for an hour.
- Grate the coconut and extract the first and second milk.
- Transfer the fish into a pot (earthen pot for the traditional touch) and add the onions.
- Add the second milk and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the first extract of the coconut and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove it from the stove.
- In a pan, heat the oil and add mustard seeds to it.
- When they begin to splutter, add sliced baby onions and curry leaves and fry them well.
- Pour this hot seasoning over the fish curry.
- Serve it with steamed rice or boiled tapioca.
Recipe courtesy of Jasmin