• 1 litre – fullcream Milk
• 2 .5 tsp – cornflour
• 1 tsp – gelatine
• 3/4 cup – Sugar
• 1 cup – fresh Cream
• 1 tsp – Mango essence
• 1/2 cup -cold Milk
• 1 cup – Mango pulp (coarsely mashed)
• 1/2 cup – fresh beaten Cream
• 1/4 cup – ground Sugar
- Bring milk to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes on low and keep stirring occasionally.
- Mix cornflour in 1/2 cup cold milk and keep aside.
- Add sugar to milk and stir. Add cornflour paste and keep stirring continuously, till boil resumes.
- Boil for a further 4-5 minutes, take off fire.
- Sprinkle gelatine over 3 tbsp. water in a small pan.
- Allow to soak for 5 minutes. Warm over gentle heat, till dissolved.
- Do not bring it to a boil.
- When boiled milk cools a little, add gelatine solution and mix well.
- Cool to room temperature, freeze in covered tray, till set.
- Remove when well set, mash and beat till soft and creamy.
- Mix together the pulp, 1/2 cup beaten cream and ground sugar.
- Add 1 cup cream first with essence and beat.
- Add fruit cream mixture and fold in gently.
- Transfer back to container and freeze till well set.
- Serve scoops with the matching sauces.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi