• 8 pieces – Chicken
• 1 tbsp (15 g) – ginger- Garlic paste
• 1.5 tsp – Kashmiri chilli powder
• 3/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1.5 tsp – cinnamon, Clove and black pepper powder (1/2 tsp of each)
• 2 – Green chillies
• 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves
• 1/2 stalk – Celery (optional)
• 1 cup – water
• 1 cup (150 g) – breadcrumbs
• 2 – eggs
• salt to taste
• oil for frying
- Wash the chicken and marinate with salt and ginger- garlic paste.
- Coat it with red chilli powder, turmeric powder and cinnamon- clove-pepper mix.
- Leave aside for half an hour.
- Place the chicken in a heavy bottomed pan along with the green chillies, celery, coriander and 1 cup of water.
- Simmer over low heat until the flesh is soft and tender. Remove from the heat without any gravy.
- Beat the eggs and keep aside.
- Coat chicken pieces with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or frying pan. Dip the chicken pieces in the beaten eggs and fry golden brown.
- Serve hot with potato chips and green salad.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya’s World
Recipe courtesy of Niya