• 2 tbsp – Gelatine
• 1 tsp – Vanilla essence
• 250 g – Sugar
• 2 tbsp – Icing Sugar
• 1/4 tsp – Pink food colour.
- Soak the gelatine in 1/2 cup cold water and keep aside until it dissolves completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the sugar with 1/2 cup of water in a pan. Cook on a low heat.
- Now add the dissolved gelatine mixture, mix well and let it boil.
- Cook on high heat for about 6 to 8 mins without stirring.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla essence and the food colour when still warm.
- Now beat it well with a fork or egg- beater until fluffy.
- Pour this mixture into a cooled dish.
- Refrigerate until it sets.
- Cut into squares then roll in icing sugar.
- Serve cold.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White