• 250 g – Almonds
• 250 g – Sugar
• 300 g – icing Sugar
• 2 Egg whites
• a little rose water for grinding
• 1/4 tsp – Almond essence
• 250 g – Cashew nuts
• food colour – a few drops
- Grind the almonds and cashew nuts with the egg whites and rose water to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a heavy-bottomed pan and add the sugar.
- Cook on low heat stirring all the time till the mixture forms a soft ball.
- Remove from heat and add the icing sugar.
- Divide the mixture into three parts and add a few drops of a food colour of your choice.
- Knead till it forms a ball.
- Divide this ball into even-sized balls and roll into 2-inch-sized rolls.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White