• 1 cup – Urad Dal
• 8 – red dry chilli
• 1 tbsp – Coconut
• Green chilli
• 1 tsp – Urad Dal
• Chana dal each
• 1 tbsp – coriander
• 6 – black pepper salt
- Soak urad dal for 4 hours. Grind to a soft paste and keep aside.
- Now roast red chilli, coriander, channa dal and urad dal without oil, and add to batter.
- Make vadas from the batter and deep fry them. Drain and keep aside.
- Mix coconut, green chilli, ginger and make paste.
- Add to curd and make thick butter milk.
- Now allow mustard seeds to splutter in oil, add curd and vadas.
- Refrigerate it and serve after 3 hours. | |
Recipe courtesy of Devyani Mehta