When you have leftover idli, then next day just give it a little twist with spices and make Masala Idli. It’s flavorful and spicy in a taste. These masala idlis are stir fried with saut?ed onion, tomato and capsicum mixture which is flavored with spices like red chili powder, salt and pepper.?Whenever I have leftover idlis I made this masala idli for me and my family members. They just love masala idlis. Try it and enjoy.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes
Servings: 2-3 Persons
– 2 cups leftover idli
– 3 tablespoons oil
– 1 small chopped onion
– ? chopped capsicum
– 1 chopped green chili
– 1 small chopped tomato
– ? teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder
– Salt to taste
– ? teaspoon black pepper powder
– Some chopped fresh coriander leaves
– Few mint leaves
How To Cook?
1. Make small pieces of idli and set aside. If they are small, then avoid making pieces.
2. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a heavy bottomed pan stir fry the pieces of idli until lightly crisp. Transfer them to the bowl and set aside.
3. In the same pan, heat remaining oil and add onions, capsicum, green chilies and over medium heat saut? them until tender.
4. Now, add chopped tomatoes and season it with spice like red chili powder, turmeric, salt and pepper.
5. Add stir fired idli and toss everything well. Remove from the pan.
6. Garnish this with chopped fresh coriander leaves and mint leaves. Enjoy this delicious masala idli with ketchup or tamarind chutney.