• 1 cup – Wheat flour
• 3/4 cup – chopped Palak greens
• 1/4 to 1/2 tsp – Garam Masala powder
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves
• Salt – to taste
• To temper:
• 1 tsp – Jeera
• 1/2 tsp – Ajwain seeds (Omam)
• 1 – Green chilli
• 1 tsp – Oil
- Heat oil in a pan – add the items under ‘to temper’ and allow it to crackle.
- Then add palak greens and saute till it shrinks in volume.
- Once the greens shrinks, switch off and add coriander leaves and switch it off.
- Cool down the mixture and grind it to a fine paste.
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, greens paste, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and required salt.
- Add required water little by little and knead it to a soft dough.
- Then divide the dough into equal lemon-sized balls.
- Flour the surface and take one ball and flatten it.
- Then start rolling it gently to a thin paratha (as there is no stuffing).
- Heat a dosa tawa, transfer the parathas, drizzle a little oil and cook till brown spots appear then turn over to other side and cook.
- Serve hot with raita / dal or your favourite side dish.
- Recipe courtesy: Sharmi’s Passions
Recipe courtesy of Sharmilee