• 2 cups – Channa dal
• 2 – onions, chopped
• 1 – tomato, diced
• 1 tsp – ginger-garlic paste
• 1/2 tsp – Jeera
• 1 tbsp – Garam Masala
- Soak channa dal for 3 -4 hours. Coarsely grind the dal.
- Add half of the chopped onions, 1 tsp garam masala and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Steam the vadas in idli plates for about 10-15 mins in a pressure cooker without weight.
- When the pressure cooker cools down, take the vadas out.
- Shallow-fry in a chapatti/dosa pan.
- In a kadai, add oil and jeera. When the jeera pops, add the remaining diced onion and fry.
- Add ginger garlic paste and remaining garam masala to this.
- Add diced tomatoes, vadas and bring to a boil. Add salt if required.
- Garnish with cut coriander.