• 1 bunch fresh Spinach
• 100 gms Paneer from skimmed Milk or Tofu
• 1 tbsp grated Paneer for garnishing
• 1 onion, grated
• 2 Green chillies
• 1 inch piece Ginger
• 1 flake Garlic
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
• 2 pinches Asafoetida powder
• 1 tsp Wheat flour
• Salt to taste
• Lemon juice to taste
- Blanch spinach in very little water. Cool in a large plate.
- Put into mixer with chilli, garlic, ginger and flour.
- Run till spinach is coarsely chopped.
- Keep aside till required or refrigerate.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add paneer.
- Stir for a minute.
- Add onion, stir and cook for a minute.
- Add ground paste and cook till it comes to a boil.
- Add all other ingredients, cover and simmer.
- When gravy is thick and excess water has evaporated, take off fire.
- Pour into serving dish and garnish with grated paneer.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering