• 1 cup – fresh Green peas
• 1 – medium boiled potato, cut into cubes
• Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
• 1 cup – water
• 1/2 cup – Dahi
• 1 tsp – coriander powder
• 1 tsp – Jeera
• Chilli Powder to taste
• A pinch of Turmeric powder
• Freshly chopped Coriander leaves
• 1 tbsp – cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a kadai and add jeera.
- When the jeera crackles, add asafoetida, coriander powder, chilli powder and turmeric. Saute.
- Add water, peas and salt to taste.
- Once the peas are cooked, add boiled and cut potato cubes and allow it to boil for a few minutes.
- Do not allow the mixture to become thick. Add a little more water if it get thick, and boil.
- Turn off the heat and add curds. Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve hot with puri or chapatti.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi