Fried snack made of peas, covered in spicy gram flour batter
1 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
1 cup peas
1 inch ginger piece, chopped
1-2 green chilies, chopped
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/2 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Grind peas to a coarse paste.
2. Now add all ingredients except oil in the peas paste and mix well.
3. Add enough water to make a medium thick batter.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai. Pour 1 teaspoon of the hot oil in the prepared batter and mix well.
5. Now deep fry small dumplings of this batter, until golden brown.
6. Remove on absorbent paper and serve hot.
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes